Wednesday 1 August 2007

So things are starting to get a bit more organised now. I have a bank account and have had a quick visit to the university but was unable to leave the car as the rain was ridiculous. Next week I shall be dropping off all of my gear in my nice new dorm room. I shall be staying with other international students in this specif dorm so I am really looking forward to that. I have seen pictures online and will have a living area, kitchen area and a post office all under my roof. I also think that I will be sharing a toilet and bath with just one other person so I am really chuffed about that.

I will also go through the orientation and shall be able to chose my subjects in the middle of next week so that will be exciting. Today I went out for lunch with a lovely girl who lives near by. She will also be attending VSU so it feels good to have a friend before I even start. We went to a little cafe in Moultrie called the 'Three Crazy Bakers'. They didn't seem that crazy but made a nice chicken wrap.

Moultrie is a very pretty picturesque town. All of the houses are on a grand scale and are surrounded by land. One house even had a horse tied up in its front garden. Madness. There are pretty little shops with trinkets and jewelry. No high street shops at all. I think it's lovely.

The university is not too far away from a mall which is pretty dangerous to say the least but we shall just have to wait and see. I have managed to buy a pair of shoes already. They were only $7.50 and will come in useful for just wandering around campus as it is quite large.

Well I am off to read through my bank information.

No comments: