Saturday 11 August 2007

Bought my books. They cost $413 of the $450 I was given for one semester. Also, that is only taking four subjects which is the minimum that I could have taken. That is insane. However, I wanted to buy them yesterday so I would be all set for Monday. Then I was told that it is best to wait until Monday to see which books you need. So I may have to walk back and return them all which is just awful in this heat. It is a 20 minute walk in this heat with heavy heavy books. Costume History is of course a 600 paged hard back text book. Which I will have to carry along with my two Sociology books and Communication book. Now I am worried.

Had a 'cook out' with the other international students yesterday. There was a boy from Valdosta there who had been hiking in Scotland and so I had a nice little chat with him. It had to be little as my hiking knowledge isn't all that good. So the conversation moved on to Scottish men buying more and more whiskey for the boy.

Then I just hung around the apartment/dorm with some of the people that we have met so far. One boy has Irish roots so I had to tell him to be proud of his freckles and ginger beard but I don't know if I really convinced him.
His father has his own swamp. That is mad.

Have just had a very lazy day today. It is probably for the best as I didn't sleep to well and am going to have to be prepared and awake for Monday. Scary stuff.

No comments: