Sunday 5 August 2007

Going to the university to drop of my things and register tomorrow. Very excited about that. I can't wait to see what my dorm looks like. The past few days the Internet hasn't been working.

Today was open house at the middle school so I have had the house to myself while my host family have looked around the school to find all their class rooms. Later today I hope to go shopping as it is tax free weekend. Which means that I will have the right sum of money on hand for a change. Ha, change, I didn't even plan that. Anyway, yesterday I saw the Art Centre's production of Oliver which was fantastic. I think that the pianist did extremely well keeping up with the very young children. As did the children. I would have been so scared on stage at that age. The accents were pretty well done. There were a few people that must have found the cockney accent a bit difficult so attempted a poss English accent which didn't quite work but hey. It was an enjoyable night and that is the main thing. The art centre itself has had a lot of work done to it and it looks great. There is new flooring and some new and improved studios. I will hopefully be back for their 'High School Musical' at the end of the month.

Before the show we went to eat at Ryan's. This was set out like a huge buffet. The deserts were so fantastic. I tried Red Velvet cake for the first time and found it rather tasty. The amount of food coloring is worrying but hey, I liked it.

Oh, found out today that Grooms at weddings have their own cakes. It is usually something about them. The man in the paper had a Valdosta State University cake (in the shape of a large 'V'). I don't think that both cakes are eaten at the wedding as that is a lot of cake considering the Brides traditional wedding cake.

Have driven past some cotton fields. Didn't realise that there are snakes in there but was told if I were to get my picture taken there not to go right in. I have also seen tobacco fields. There are what look like small flat telephone pylons in the fields. Think these are for growth of the fields in some way. The buds on the tobacco plants need to be killed so this may be connected but I wouldn't want to say for sure. If anyone knows please tell me.

No comments: