Thursday 9 August 2007

reception

So, my subjects are 3D design, human communication, sociology and costume history. I start on Monday so I shall have to buy my books tomorrow.

Yesterday I had a little chat with some other International students. There is a nice girl from London and a boy from Newcastle so that is nice. I met the other two rotary students attending Valdosta too. One from Argentina and the other from Denmark. They both seem lovely.

I went to a reception at the house of one of the host families who is looking after the boy from Denmark. The house was huge and also rather beautiful. I felt as though I was walking into a Jane Austin story.

I met my trustee along with other host families and members of the Thomasville Rotary Club. It was very nice to speak with everyone and they were all very welcoming.

After some embarrassing photographs were taken we were presented with a cheque for our food and books. As my back card came today i was able to put it into my account straight away which is a relief.

We were also given a lovely spread of food and I tried grits for the first time. I actually put them on my plate as I thought they were mash potato but they had some cheese in them I think. Anyway, they were tasty. We were also given little bags from the host's wife to take away the left over cookies and brownies which I thought was very kind.

I stayed over with my host family after the reception. I hadn't been in contact with them for two days and so it was nice to hear how school was as they have just started the new term.

No comments: