Sunday 8 July 2007

Insurance

So the last few days have been rather stressful. Insurance is not a fun topic.

It was decided that it is safer for me to buy insurance in Edinburgh which will last me the whole year. If I had chosen to be with the university insurance it would have only covered me for the time I was at the uni and as I am having to leave a week before orientation starts, it wouldn't have been a good idea.
However, trying to waiver the uni insurance was a lot more hassle than you would think.
My poor Dad had to try to call them over and over again as no one would answer. And when we finally got round to wavering the insurance online we couldn't as I didn't have an American zip code. This meant that we could go no further on the form, even though it asked if I was an international student so you would think it wouldn't have to be mandatory that a zip code be written.

Anyway, I ended up having to write down the address I will be staying at when I arrive and hope that nothing will need mailing to me before I am in the States. Fingers crossed.

I am in a bit of an odd mood at the moment to be honest. It is the most bizarre and horrible thing to say good bye to people that you have become friends with, knowing that there is a chance you may lose contact.
It is also rather odd to think that I will go through the same thing when I leave the States. But we shall just have to see how that goes I suppose.

I was at a leaving do for people at my work last night and it felt horrible that I won't know what they will be doing in the future. I am 100% sure they will grow to be huge successes. Its just a bit sad that I won't be there to hear about it.
I may just be thinking too much as it is time for bed but I had a coffee with two sweeteners.
Not the best of plans when you have to be up at eight. Ach well.

No comments: