Monday 17 September 2007

Disney World

Oh yes people, the title says it all!
Well on Thursday night I was invited to go to Disney World with my flat mate from Colombia (also here with the Georgia Rotary Programme) and her host parents.
Friday we had a rotary club meeting at Pelham Rotary Club. It was emergency service appreciation week. I was just hoping that there was no need for any of the people there during the hour as that would be a little dangerous.
After that we went back to the house and watched Sleepless in Seattle while I attempted to revise for my Sociology test (we won't talk about how that went). Then Pelhams football team were playing so we went along to give them some much needed support. The team generally don't win any of their games although they put there all in, bless their hearts.
The marching band was a lot of fun to see, I think that was the highlight. We didn't watch the whole game and went home to sleep for a few hours before getting up in the small hours of the morning so we could leave for Orlando at 5am.

When we arrived in Florida around 10am we picked up the host families son who works at Disney World. It was great as he knew exactly what we should do and how to plan our day. Also it meant that we got in for free which was fantastic!

We started in the Animal Kingdom and saw a short stage show of The Lion King. It had acrobats, fire breathers and crazy flying bird women in it. They sang the hits of the show and it was pretty spectacular. We also saw Finding Nemo the Musical which was done with fantastic puppets and some well done projection. There was a 3D show of a Bugs Life which was done very well once again. We also had a little wander around the park which has a tour of some different animals such as fruit bats (cool) and tigers. We also went on Splash Mountain which was good fun and very refreshing as it was ridiculously hot!

After that it was off to the Magic Kingdom with the big ol' castle. We had our lunch and saw the Haunted House, another 3D show with Donald duck just being silly and getting in the way of some other Disney movie songs. We also went on Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Inc, Dinasaur trip. Then we got to see the parade which was fantastic, all the characters were covered in lights and it was just magic. Then there were the fireworks at the castle which were amazing. Oh, we also went to a puppet show of The Little Mermaid which was pretty cool.
So that was Saturday over or at least as much as I can remember.

Sunday we went to Epcot with its giant golf ball. We saw a Finding Nemo ride and the fish tank inside which was huge. We also went on a ride called soaring which made you feel you were flying over California. I now want to visit California very badly...and I also want to fly but who doesn't? There was also a ride where you were made to feel that you were testing cars so you could go crazily fast which was fun.
We also went to the MGM Studio which I loved. It was done up like a 1940's film set so was right up my street. We went on a trip 'through the movies' which had all the charters around you in all the classics Casablanca, Alien that sort of thing. We saw a play of Beauty and the Beast which I loved. Also I was persuaded some how to go on The Tower of Terror. I coped very well I have to say. It just went up and down very very fast but didn't last too long so I was pretty good.
We saw a little of the MGM parade which was pretty fun. The muppets were there!

Right I have to get some sleep as I have my 8am class tomorrow.

No comments: