Friday 29 June 2007

hello

So sorry that this is possibly the worst blog EVER. I am just back from Paris which is why nothing has been written so I do apologies.
Paris is lovely, such a beautiful city. Even when it is raining. I was on a trip with the school with the art department as I do love my art. It was rather bizzare to see paintings that I have studied in books right there in front of me. It was rather amazing. Although I must admit that the Mona Lisa was disappointingly small but what can you do. She's still pretty spectacular.

Anyway, I know that Paris isn't Georgia. I'm still in Edinburgh for just now. I shall be flighing to the States at the end of July which is so exciting I can't wait! I will be there for just less than a year studying at University. As of yet I have not decided what I shall be studying whilst I am there although I am hoping to do something related to art and design as I am going to Dundee when I get back to study architecture there, so it would be nice to have a bit of a head start.

I am going to Georgia on a scholarship program which the Rotary Club of Georgia set up at the end of the second world war. It is to encourage peace and understanding with different countries and cultures. The program has increased in size from just one student to around 70 people internationally. As well as studying at the University I shall be writing power point presentations on Scotland and trying to give the rotarians and others I meet an idea of how I spend my time in Edinburgh.

I know it is going to be a wonderful experience for me and I am positive that I shall meet a lot of interesting people and make a lot of good friends. I am lucky that 7 students have been chosen from Scotland this year, four of which I went to school with. Although we will all be in different parts of Georgia we will be able to meet up every so often and talk about our experiences.

I'm afraid I have to stop writing now as I am meeting my Grandfather for lunch but I shall keep you posted on all the fun.

No comments: